Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Addition

Thanks Suzanne. My friend, Suzanne, has been a friend since 1982. We met when we entered the MFA photography program at Indiana University. And even through ups and downs we have managed to remain friends all these years. Her daughter was 5 years old when I met them. Now Laure is married and a mother to 3 daughter. I will see all of them this week at SAFF. It will certainly be one of the highlights of my trip.

Suzanne is a book editor for fine arts and crafts. I don't have permission to say where but if she permits me, I will change the post to include her employer. Needless to say - it is a major publishing company and I'm honored that she is considering working with me on a book about dyeing for spinners. Once SAFF is over I will be able to focus on that once in a lifetime opportunity.

I trust Suzanne to read my writing critically. She is brilliant and knows words. She recommends that I amend my comments below with the following:

When I’m dyeing fiber, I usually have a specific and emotional goal in mind. “Accidents” can bring new insight but mostly my intention is to convey a deep and true emotion that I associate with a color set. Of course you’ll bring your own memories to the experience. As you look at my work, I invite you to try it yourself: does this one remind you of the lilacs you held at my wedding? That one of the Arizona sunsets of your youth?

I will make these additions because they will really capture the reader much more effectively than mine would have alone. Thanks to all who shared feedback including CC and IslandSweet. You are all special to me. You inspire my work and encourage me to a higher standard in my craft. Yet, we have never even spoken on the phone. Cyber friends. Real friendships.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

souls seek out souls...