Thursday, July 31, 2008

SAFF Update

Accepted! Sara, Heidi, and I took the first steps of forming our fiber and book cooperative. It is called Why Knot Fiber Collective. Today we found out that we have been accepted as a vendor for the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (lovingly called SAFF). Here's the link http://www.saffsite.org/index.php . There is also a group on Ravelry called SAFF (link for members is http://www.ravelry.com/groups/saff). The Collective has not yet been added to the official vendor list; however, I am told that we will be added soon. Last year the fair was attended by approx 7500 - 8000 people. We are going to have to be fiber prep machines between now and late October in order to have everything ready for such an important event. Plus we have Kentuck to get ready for in mid-October. I know that I will have to think through the quantity that I'd like to offer, the colorways, the fibers, and whatever else I might like to include like kits and gifts. I've got to get my "brand" stuff in good order, too, and in larger quantities. My 100 Moo cards just won't be enough for an event such as this. Sara is getting her wheel this week, which will really help her to get a lot of work completed. Heidi and I are talking about making some high quality but low cost letterpress printed materials. We need to look and be professional. SAFF will take me from a little Etsy shop where I sell a few items each week and transform WhorlingTides into a potentially profitable small business. I'm happy and terrified. It is my love of fibers that keeps me going. So, look here often for SAFF updates. And please, post any colorway, fiber, product selections you may want to offer. SAFF...October 24 - 26, 2008. Please join me there!

2 comments:

Jen Andersen said...

Congratulations Beth! You are going to have such a good time, not only at the festival but getting ready for it. I love your new profile picture too. HOT MAMA!

Unknown said...

it's wonderful how this is all growing... xxx