Monday, July 28, 2008

Amazing Find: Fiber Arts and Mixed Media Social Networking Site

Discovery. Social networking, blogs, uploading, downloading, html, http......I'm feeling bored tonight. Okay, bored is not exactly the correct word but it will do for now. But, if you don't like that word, then how about unsettled. Not rattled. Just a little off course. So in between spinning skeins of black bamboo for someone who has turned out to be an amazing "patron" of my little Etsy shop (Thanks Grace at abbigail714 on Etsy), I have wandered over to the computer in vain search of companionsip at least a dozen times. Going from Yahoo to Etsy to Blogspot to Ravelry to Ebay to AOL and any other fiber site that I could find I stumbled into the Fiber Arts and Mixed Media Social Networking Site. Here, check it out for yourself at this link. http://fiberartsmixedmedia.ning.com/

While there, I found a link which sported a phrase saying something like "create your own social networking site." "NO WAY" I think to myself. "That cannot be true!" But it was true. It totally IS true. So like Alice in Wonderland, I kept following links until...I just created a social networking site of my own at this place called Ning. Here's the link. http://www.ning.com/
I have called it Why Knot Fiber Collective: For the Yarn Arts. So when Sara comes over tomorrow, we will be able to finish creating the site.

In case you haven't noticed, I am in awe of the internet and all that it has to offer. It is a vast and creative world this internet. I'm loving it. Totally loving it.

No comments: