Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yarn Contest Winner is NWKnitterMama

UPDATE - I have not yet heard back from NWKnitterMama to claim her Hope Yarn prize. If I do NOT hear back from her by Sunday, November 23 at 10am Central Time, I will select another winner.

I have selected the following person as the winner of the yarn contest...

NWKnitterMama on Ravelry (Angela)

my hope is that my children will have a peaceful, blessed life, and that their father and i will be able to give them the nurturing they need to grow into compassionate adults who make choices to do what is right, even when it is difficult and unpopular. i'm NWKnitterMama on ravelry.

All of you submitted such beautiful comments that it was very hard for me to choose. Having raised my daughter to 18 which we just celebrated this week, I understand what it means to think about the above hope every single minute of every single day. We need compassionate young people now more than ever. I hope that NWKnitterMama realizes that wanting this for her children is half of getting there...

Thank you to everone who submitted comments. You have given me such new hope....Beth

1 comment:

Angela said...

thank you so much for this contest. i am really humbled and THRILLED to be picked the winner. thanks for your encouraging words - i have been blessed to have a mother who taught me well, and i now have such an appreciation for the monumental task she and all mothers have! (i e-mailed you a few minutes ago, btw. hope it comes thru!)