Sunday, March 16, 2008

Caps, Fibers, Faith, and Friends

Look how cute this cap is that was knitted by Susan. She was one of the first people to buy anything from me on Etsy. Then, she was the first person to make a special request that I spin more for her of the same yarn so that she could make a matching set of items. I think this cap is perfectly adorable. And thank you, Susan, for being so easy to work with. It is a real treat to see what you have done with something that started out to be wool from a sheep. The connections that this one sheep made have been incredible. These fibers came from my first order from Jen at HanksInTheHood. Now Jen and I are fast friends - so much so that we are developing a couple of lines of yarn that will be unique to us. The first line will be for Serendipity which is our really cool LYS. It is more that just a fiber store. It is a place where people congregate. We learn from each other and we support each other. We created a nest for each other. And we laugh together. Ellen has commissioned a line of bamboo yarns to sell in her shop this summer. More on that later with links included. But for now...I just wanted to post this lovely cap made by Susan who early on had faith in a new spinner in Alabama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is a FANTASTIC-lookin' hat, if I do say so myself!

You're a great spinner- the pieces I knit always have a great texture and soft, earthy feel- keep it up!

Colorado Knitter said...

Isn't that what it is really all about? Gorgeous hat! Gorgeous yarn!
Congrats on the line of yarn at your LYS.

Colorado Knitter said...

I tagged you. Come over and play if you would like. I thought it would be fun to put a bit of a fiber twist (excuse the pun) to this game of tag.