Sunday, January 6, 2008

My First Handspun Yarn



Addicted. This is my first handspun yarn. I bought the fiber from Copperpot on Etsy. This colorway is called "Cry Baby" which is composed of hot pink, charcoal, and pale blue. Most of her colorways are blends of wools such as merino and colonial so I cannot really say what this one is. But I do know that it is simply beautiful - especially given that this is my first handspun yarn. The singles was spun counter clockwise and then plied clockwise. Since starting that singles I have learned that most people put a clockwise twist on the singles and counter clockwise for plying. I will adhere to tradition in future yarns just to simplify everything. Seeing the picture of this yarn makes me feel so content...it is beautiful to see. Very, very beautiful. And the yarn itself feels so soft. I am totally hooked on spinning yarn.

1 comment:

Jen Andersen said...

What gorgeous yarn. You should be very proud of yourself for accomplishing that on a drop spindle, especially for your first yarn. Keep up the good work, Jen