Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day Two








Ok. I've decided. I'm going to try to learn something new about "blogging" each day that I post. If at all possible, today I'm going to learn how to post an image. After all, what fun is it if I cannot put up lovely photos like the other people do?? Plus, I have a master's degree in photography from way before there was such a thing as digital photography. I think the same rules of composition and lighting should apply. It is an empirical question - one that I am ready to attempt to answer here.

So here I am trying to post a pic. I knew I was going to try so this morning, I took a photo of Cody curled up in my temporary bed on the floor. He is such a sweetie. Just now, I took a photo of our cat-in-a-box, Pippi. You know, she is the kind of cat who precisely fits her body into any box that she can find. Her new favorite container is a basket on my daughter's bedside table. Also, I took a photo of the grey, wool yarn that I am learning how to spin with the cute book that I am reading on spinning yarn - Spinning in the Old Way by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. It is perfect for me since I'm such a spinning novice. She tells the story of spinning without getting too heavily into doing it a specific way. The author includes some sweet quotes about craft that appear to have come from Soetsu Yanagi, The Unknown Craftsman. Now, I am ready to post the photos. And I even see a little button up there to click in order to post the photos. It looks like it will be easy enough to post them. Only now, I cannot figure out how to get the pics from the camera on to the computer. Where is my teenager when I need her?

To answer your question: "Yes, I have plugged in the cord to the USB port so that photos can be transferred from the camera to the computer." She just got home and, in a flash, she showed me how to load the pics to the computer. Now, let's see if I can do the rest. Well, as you can see above, the photos all got posted. But why did they post way up there instead of down here where I am working? Let's see if I can get one to post here where I want it. Nope. Can't do that yet.
Names for use in my yarn plan....whorling tides, spinning tides, u-knit-versity, peacework, whirling piece, ewe-knit-versity. Didn't get any extra exercise today, but did steam veggies for supper in order to break the bad food cycle. That's all for now.

No comments: