Friday, May 30, 2008

I Tried

Well, I tried everything I could possibly think of to get my images to show up on Ravelry in a group for sale like everyone else does and nothing worked. I'm frustrated. But, I did have lots of fun before that today doing fiber fiber fiber. I scoured the Romney wool again. It is the fiber that I received from "the redhead" at http://www.redstoneyarns.com/ just for the price of the shipping charges. It is turning out to be a gorgeous silver color. I'm learning that it is difficult to get the lanolin off the fleece without very very very hot water. Today, I even boiled two large pots of water to help. We shall see....

Today, Melissa and Sara came over to play. Melissa used the drum carder and started her Etsy shop. I hope it goes well for her. She needs something to capture her imagination. Perhaps this will be the trick. Sara carded some roving, too. She is developing a real passion for natural dyeing. It will be fun to watch her skills develop. I thoroughly enjoyed having the day off...only when I checked the blackberry a couple of hours ago...it looks as if I missed an important meeting. My memory is failing me these days. Am I too busy? Is it the pain and medications? Is it peri-menopausal? Is it early onset dementia? I guess it doesn't really matter...I just need to learn how to compensate.

Sales on Etsy this week have been fantastic. Yes, I have made 5 sales in 6 days. On the day that I did not make a sale, I did have someone interested in my Liquid Gold, but she couldn't buy it at that moment. Perhaps she will in the future. It is a good fiber-filled life that I am enjoying. And I am happy.

No comments: